Experience the beautiful city of Prague with the largest LGBT events in the Czech Republic. Here are our recommendations: Gay in Prague
Around the Prague Pride
In recent years, the Prague Pride Festival has become one of the largest queer events in Central and Eastern Europe and attracts more and more visitors every year. The colorful summer spectacle lasts several days and culminates with the joyous Pride Parade.
The Pride Parade takes place on the last Saturday of the legendary Pride Week, usually in the second week of August. It is the shrill and loudest event of the week and is an absolute highlight for visitors and the local community.
Save the dates:
- Prague Pride 2020: from 3 to 9 August 2020
- Pride Parade on Saturday, August 8, 2020
- Main Party: OMG Party @ Mecca Club Saturday, August 8, 2020 from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
For the bear community
Just in time for Prague Pride, the Prague Bear Summer is a very special event for the Bear Community and its supporters. For a whole week, there are exciting happenings such as sauna visits, theme parties and cocktail nights.
LGBT sports tournament in Prague
Organized by Alcedo Praha, the largest Czech LGBT sports club, the international event Prague Rainbow Spring takes place in May. More than 400 participants from many different countries come to the city for this sporting highlight to compete in volleyball, badminton, swimming and beach volleyball.
Prague Rainbow Spring dates 1- 3 May 2020
- Warm up Bar Party @ Piano Bar - Friday from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am
- Beach Fun Zone @ Beach Club Ládví - Friday from 10:00 am to 16:00 pm
- Rainbow warm up @ SWIM lounge bar - Saturday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Rainbow Spring Party @ Club SWIM - Saturday from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
Celebrations and parties in Prague
Of course, Prague is always the center of trendy parties. With the popular OMG Party Prague, locals and visitors get the chance to dance the night away at regular intervals, when the notorious Mecca Club hosts this great event.
Once a year, the well-known Queer Ball is another highlight of the LGBT scene. This is where the Who's Who of the queer community meets to have fun together for one evening. There are great bands, wonderful music and shows. Every year the ball is under a different, illustrious motto.
Program for the QueerBall 2020 in Prague
- 7:00 pm Opening and ticket sales on site
- 7:30 pm performance of the Eremy-Band
- 8:30 pm | official start of the ball
- 8:30 pm - midnight | dance performances, competitions and entertainment programme
- 1:00 am - 5:00 am | party